Re: Boyzone

Hi All

Peter Younghusband wrote:

> Simpson wrote:
>
> > No matter what , that peice of utter trash written for Boyzone , has
> > unfortunatly made its way to the brass band
>
> Ahem. I'm not sure it was 'written' for Boyzone, Rob. I think MeatLoaf may have
> sung it first - but that could be before your time!!
>
> Monkey
>
> PS - if you haven't heard Meatloaf sing it - I can recommend it. Begins with a
> fabulous organ part.

Actually it was written for an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical called
Whistle
Down The Wind. It was first performed in New York. The version performed
by Boyzone appeared on a concept CD featuring a number of artists, not
in the show, performing the songs from the show. The idea was to try and
drum up some interest in a show that had failed when it was first
released.
The Boyzone version was also featured in a concert at RAH for Andrew
Lloyd
Webber's 50th birthday.

Regards

Richard Luckhurst
BBb Bass Narrabri Shire & Tamworth RSL Bands.