Solo de Concours

This is becoming more depressing -but thanks to all who offered
translations.  The music causing (me) the angst is the test peice for  Bb
Cornet solo at next year's Qld Championships.  Anyone who has played the
piece or knows of a recording is strongly encouraged to contact me (please!)

The piece I got hold of has "Trompette Soprano Sib printed at the top - and
consensus is that this means Soprano Trumpet in B flat  Since the folder
containing piano accompaniment reads "pour trompette en Si b et piano"  - I
am assuming this is suitable for Bb cornet - unless anyone disagrees...

The other problem:

"binaire" comes above the first of 8 bars of chromatic runs (semiquavers)
right on a tempo change from 12/8 to 4/4.  I hope this does not mean "in 2".
I suspect that the jazz  theory may be spurious (yet intriguing) considering
the style of music.  Double tongue logically possible but not much fun for
the likes of me...    "Ternaire" comes above two triplets in 3/4  -
chromatic triplets (quavers)

Regards,

Volume.