Re: Tuning problems.

David  Williams wrote .....

>Anyone with a flugel ever had tuning problems with a low note please?

You do realise what sort of replies you are going to get opening with a line
like this, don't you?!  Anyway, being of the flumpet persuasion myself, I
won't state the obvious.

Yes - I have rotten problems with tuning below a C.  If I play the note in
tune it sounds weak and f*rty.  If I let the instrument speak the way it
wants to it sounds full and round, but it is slightly flat. Admittedly, it's
not as flat as you are describing - it comes out less than a quarter of a
tone out, but it is enough to make it sound dreadful.  More often than not I
miss the damn note because I am trying to play the note I want to play, but
the instrument would prefer me to be asking for something else.

I just tried it now, and it's more a case of it being very difficult to get
the
instrument to speak true.  So not really tuning then, more like tone.  Hmm,
I'm rambling now.  Anyway - yes.

Still, I'm sure it's me doing or not doing something I should be
(practising, perhaps?!)

As for recommendations, mine's a Bach.  It's OK but I'm sure you can do
better.

Jud (f*rty flugel)