RE: Music for the Common Man - Rubbish

John Todd wrote:

I've heard a lot of people say that - not about the parts but about
the piece.
What sort of test is that for the first section. It's one of the
poorest choices
for years. Compare it to Spectrum or Ballet For Band. It's going to be a
struggle to motivate any band to play it, and as for the audience, having to
listen to performance after performance of rubbish like that ......

<JT>

John,

I think you underestimate the difficulty of these two pieces, both are very
easy to play the notes but only true musicians can find the nuances b oth
the pieces hold. I haven't heard Music for the Common  Man but if it can be
compared to these two pieces I'll be there listening!!

Richard Dyson
Web Master Whitburn Band
e-mail:     webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
website:   http://www.whitburnband.freeserve.co.uk