Flugel Tuning Problem..

Phew what a relief.!  I thought I was the only one  that has trouble getting
low notes in tune and losing sleep thinking it was trouble with the old
dentures again. Thank you Rod for advising me to take a metalwork course to
try some conversion work on the flugel, but I am a bit mystified with the
advice on "flexible chops,jazz bends and glisses (is,nt that something to do
with a trombone ?).   Regarding pedal notes...I CAN get pedal notes on this
horn....again I thought that was the old teeth again.!  But I can't find any
music for them (the pedal notes).  The warning re. drink is a bit late
Rod...but its the rotten notes that did the trick.   Do you think these
drugs would be any help that have been mentioned lately. ?  Judith was also
very heartening with her comments too.  I visited some dealers' stands at a
contest today (Pontins) and seriously learned that flugels are noted for
tuning probs.  One guy said I would also have trouble with top A and top C !
Where are those ?  Never mind maybe I won't need many of those flat low
B........s.  You know my pal and I only play now and again for oap.s  (we
have vacancies for 22 good players) and they are tied into their seats and
are frisked  before our "performance".   We are busy rehearsing the
"Washington Post" march to keep 'em awake next time ;( must try some new
denture fixative for those tricky runs )  .  By the way the test piece today
was pretty good and I heard some wonderful playing (think it was
Cloudcatcher Fells) and glad some of the listers advised me to go.   Nice to
hear from you and best regards.   David.