Northern Ireland Championships

Hi folks
	    I'm Mark Bingham from The 1st Old Boys (BB) Band, Belfast and  I
have the results of the N.I.B.A.(Northern Ireland Bands Association)  annual
competition. This gives me a chance to stop lurking :)

Saturday October 23rd 1999

Adjudicator:- Derek Broadbent

Championship:-

Test Piece   The Accursed Huntsman    Csar Franck

1      The 1st Old Boys Association Silver Band       (Wilson Shields)
2      The 55th Old Boys Silver Band		       (Ernest Ruddock)
3      Strabane Concert				     (Peter
Christian)
4      Merley Silver					(Keith Anderson)
5      CWA Brass					    (Brian Conelly)
6      Laganvale Silver				     (Stephen Cairns)
7      Drogheda Brass				       (M. Maher)

Best Instrumentalist Jimmy Kitchen (Euph) 1st Old Boys

Well done to Drogheda for moving up a section

2nd Section:-

Test Piece   Royal Mile   Alan Fernie

1      Templemore Silver
2      Ballyduff Silver
3      Downshire Brass
4      3rd Carrick (BB) Silver

3rd Section

1   Wellington Silver
2   St. Marks Silver

4th  Section

1 Newtownards  (Jimmy Kitchen Sen.)

Sorry I can't remember the test pieces from the 3rd and 4th Section

looking forward to going to Spennymoor next month

Bingy
Solo cornet, 1st Old Boys (Northern Irish Champions!! 1999)  :)