There but for the sake of God

Malcolm Teasdale who was from the North East
and Coventry's euphonium player used to give Jim and me a lift to band.

Malcolm Teasdale was a Coventry boy is mum and dad were from the North East
go and look at a photograph of City of Coventry band Festival of Great
Britain 1952 Malcolm on the back row playing cornet a chubby 11yr old.
Most off the punters on the list would not know Coventry Colliery:-)
 I use to know it as Kersely Colliery. and being a Bed'eth lad you ort to
no better:-)
from a Welsh Coventry boy, ex resident in Bedworth, Exall, Kersley,
Coventry.
Evan Howells.

 and I applaud any band that even makes it to the RAH. whatever they may
wear so long as they do not bring the banding movement into disrepute.

In  E. Vaughan Morris . ( Administrator, N.B.B. Championships)
 He  would not allowed any band on the Area and R.A.H. Contest stage.....
wearing shirts and passing it off as a uniform, there use to be a ruling
that bands to play in full dress uniforms.
These words off wisdom came from the great man himself and still ring out
today.
There are big problems confronting us; but providing there is a disposition
frankly to recognize and grapple boldly with them, I believe Brass Bands
will continue to make a vital contribution to the social structures of the
communities from which they are drawn; and, with intelligent application,
continue to improve their stature nationally.
Yours  Evan