Re: Coloured shirts and uniforms at contests

That's right Colin - the band in question wore coloured shirts, and it looked ok
(I never saw them on the stage, only at their rehearsal on the day). One of their
players said they made the decision because of a lack of smaller uniforms - they
had a lot of young players, who felt more comfortable playing in shirts anyway,
and enjoyed the contest more because of it. I think the problem SABBA had wasn't
the coloured shirts, but the lack of uniformity - i.e the fact the shirts were
all different colour. Bon Accord wore band sweaters, but they were all the same.
I can't remember Croy wearing shirts, but I would have thought they were all the
one colour. That's where the problem came from. Percussionists, well, you have a
problem with sleeves ;-)

I'll be in Blackpool on Saturday (so i'll miss the AGM, but hope you get back on
the exec.) -  the entry form for Blackpool states that because of the sponsorship
of the contest, bands must look smart and <quote>"uniforms must be worn at all
time (but not hats)"<unq>. Now there's another debate for you ;-)