Narnia

I'd love to hear opinions of 'Narnia Suite' for the Third Section, which is
IMHO the most
>criminal choice of a test piece in years - I can't find anything in it at
>all to justify its selection, other than the composer being a nice
>high-profile mainstream name.  There's no substance to the piece at all -
>it
>makes no memorable thematic statement and doesn't develop or progress
>anywhere, it's incredibly badly scored and most of the band might as well
>not bother turning up because there's nothing at all to test or interest
>them.  Not a single member of the band had ANY positive comment to make
>about the piece after we played it through last week, and I thought the
>basses and troms were going to quit!

We haven't actually played it yet, but I've loooked at my part, and yes, as
a trombone player, I think boredom will strike!

at an average of 45 quid a time - not
As a treasurer, I just about died when I worte a cheque for nearly 70 -
which is what Narnia cost us!  How can they justify this?

Julie
(Soon to be bored Trombone player and skint treasurer!)