RE: Brass Band Groan List.

At 09:46 PM 10/21/99 +0100, you wrote:
>As a member of Whitburn when Allan Street arranged Skirl (Allan Street was
>our professional conductor at the time) I concur!!
>
>For many years thereafter, Whitburn ended their concerts with Skirl - even
>with Peter Parkes at the helm.  PP always said it was a great finisher but
>I'm sure his tongue was very firmly in his cheek!

I played for Dunchurch Silver in Rugby when Allan Street was the
professional conductor, probably around 78 to 80. Nearly every concert
included Skirl plus other of his arrangements Lady of Spain, Yesterday,
Bring me Sunshine amongst others. Not bad arrangements I suppose but
altogether for what seemed like hundreds of concerts in a row was pretty
bad. The plug must have worked though because I think the band actually
bought Allan Streets library ! I'll be glad if I never see one of these
pieces ever again though.

Paul