Robot Conductors ?

We have just heard of artificial plastic lips for brass playing....now how
about Robot Conductors. ?  Reading yesterday of Sony,s amazing robotic dog
which they claim can be trained to do anything I thought how much easier it
would be to produce something to wave its arms in time...and think of the
savings for a band.  You could swear it at, throw things, and blame the
thing if you did'nt do well at a contest.  And how about adjudicators ?   At
least it would,nt apparently doze off  at times but I foresee a problem when
it blows the whistle !   Mind you, I suppose some folk might claim to have
met some robotic conductors already.....those guys that find it necessary to
beat time with both hands,for instance.   Honestly , I would welcome an
automatic conductor when playing duets;  playing the easier part I count us
in.....and then try to catch up .   Back to the scales now.   Cheers.
David.