Re: Robot Conductors ?

>From: "Robin McCubbin" <rmccubb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>You could call it 'DIODE'....a semi-conductor

Very apt, as a diode will only conduct one way and will resist any change in
direction, despite any opposing bias applied, until its breakdown point is
reached. Most common use is as rectifiers. Another common cause of
'breakdown' is the inability to disipate sufficient energy, more commonly
known as over heating. Hmm.. this is a robot we are talking about.

A robot could never replace a human conductor, as only a human conductor can
spot the composer has written the time signiture incorrectly.

Geoff Collins
Part time hardware engineer
Full time list reader
BB bass, Uckfield Concert

PS I was going write most diodes come in dull or transparent packages, but
thought it was a bit close to the mark.