Don Robb

Don Robb, from Coventry, helped to re-form (or was it reform?) our villag
band - Cubbington Silver Band - four years ago.  A local parish magazine
invited anyone interested in forming a Band to meet him and a group of
complete beginners went along and he set about teaching us to read music
and play instruments.

Don's previous band was the Coundon Wedge Band (in Coventry) and he has h
ad
a long career in banding (playing cornet), including (I believe) playing
with Black Dyke.  He also taught at the Coventry School of Music for some

years.  He is an  inspiring teacher to us and we are devastated that he h
as
been diagnosed as suffering from a serious illness.  He is now undergoing

intensive treatment and I wondered if any of you who know him would send
him messages via me (e-mail to SueKendall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) - I think it
would cheer him up to hear  from old acquaintances.

Please ask your non-listmember colleagues too, I can give a snail-mail
address if necessary.

Have there been any entertaining books written about banding (fiction or
otherwise) which might help to pass the time while he is out of action?

Thankyou

Sue Kendall
Solo horn (and I only wanted to play the triangle!)
Cubbington Silver Band