Re: David Moulton

Monkey,
I don't think so. This young fellow is probably about 24 or 25. Has been a Canadian
and to my knowledge lived in Canada all his life. I am not sure what he was over to
the UK for but I remember hearing people say he was over there for a bit earlier this
year. I also remember reading about him in a Sally paper (Salvationist) which is
published in the UK, and he was guest soloist at a couple of concerts.
I know his family quite well, that is his Grandparents, his Uncle Bob and his Uncle
Frank, who was tragically killed in an auto accident in Europe while he was touring
with the Los Angeles Tabernacle band in the 60's. Frank was only about 23 or so then.
His father, David, was a Salvation Army officer in Canada, and sadly passed away a few
years ago. His father also was an excellent euph player and played in the CSB for
several years as well.
I give you the above background in that I don't think we are talking about the same
David Moulton.
I say I knew his family well, we all lived in Montreal, Quebec in the mid 50's and
being young boys (teens) of Sally officers were conscripted to play each Christmas on
the kettles in downtown Montreal. Their three boys and my two brothers and myself,
plus one other fellow who chummed around with us. The pay was GREAT!  We used to get a
free lunch for playing all day on Saturdays for about a month or so before Christmas.
Memories. But I think we also used to have fun, for Montreal (downtown) was pretty
exciting and special especially for a 10 or 11 year old kid who moved there from the
hinterland of eastern Canada!

By the way, the Uncle Bob, who is also a Salvation Army officer played Sop Cornet with
the famous Montreal Citadel Band, which in those days was a very top notch band, I
believe they were still being conducted by Norman Audoire who wrote the famous
Montreal Citadel march, and the Dep Bandmaster was none other than Morley Calvert, who
later took over the band. Of course they had some pretty good music to play from
manuscript as well.

Sorry for the long message and change of subject, but I got carried away.

Larry White
Vancouver BC