Re: Flugellism.Tuning,Dopes,Groans, etc.

Hi Rod, Ta for your further advice on Flugellism  problems. I have seen a
photo.of a Getzen Flugel with FOUR valves, and think the guys in Brazil who
made mine must have forgotten to stick on a fourth...and that is the reason
for my problems. Can one be added to mine?  I cannot find any notes between
bottom G and my 7 pedal notes on mine; there seems to be a "black hole"
where these have disappeared. Today I have been trying to play the theme
tune from the film "A Summer Place" which contains a bottom F natural (one
below bottom G  valves 1 and 3). I cannot find it. Would the fourth valve
help, and what the heck is it for ?  Now for a serious subject.  I noticed a
lister from your part of the world told us how his band attracted some black
snakes when they were rehearsing in a shed. I have often wondered if animals
prefer brass band music (See my website: (www.colwyn1.freeserve.co.uk) for
my little dog who was keen on the cornet).  Since Fred and I have returned
to playing our biggest fan is a stray cat who turns up to hear us each
Tuesday .  She sits listening as we play "posh" duets by
Metzger,Boismortier,Rossari,etc...but seems to prefer marches.When I pause
on that horrible bottom B she glares at me and swishes her tale angrily.
Could she be a reincarnation of one of old conductors .?   Now when we were
young slim handsome (?) teenagers with lots of hair and most of our teeth
playing on our seaside bandstand here in Wales, the young attractive
holidaymakers (FEMALE) from  England would crowd round nearly swooning as we
played "Florrie Ford,s Favourites" etc. And when Fred triple-tongued through
"The NIghtingale" .Wow. !   Mind you, in our braided uniforms I suspect they
thought we were in the Welsh Foreign Legion.  Those were the days......the
only drugs we had were castor oil.   Cheers Rod. We will pop in and see you
on our next World tour.  Bookings are a bit slow at the moment though.
David.  P.S Just remembered . If you happen to drop on my website You might
see an elephant that preferred playing the piano !