Re: Pop music arranged for band

HARRIS, Colin wrote:  (snip)

> Dear list members,
>
> As I pack for my trip to Blackpool (actually, I'm at work, she's packing!),
> I have had a thought.  What 'pop' music has ever been arranged for bands
> that sounds good?.......

Off the top of my head (!) our band has just done "America/Love on the Rocks" by
Neil Diamond arr. P. Sparke - and I think it sounds great.  I also think "Misty"
(flugel solo) arr. D. Barry is worthy.  We also do an excellent arrangement of
"Rocky".  (The arranger being our MD Colin Lord and it really is fantastic, I'm
not just saying that cos he will read this!).  He has also done arrangements of
Arthur's Theme and Birdland.

So I think "pop" music can be done for Brass Band - it's a matter of finding a
decent arrangement, not one that has been "churned out" just for the sake of it,
and the band itself being able to play the style.

BYE!
Vicki
CoGD