Brodsworth, was Brass Band Groan List.

In message <002d01bf1e78$d3ddcae0$097738d4@d2b7g9>, Andrew Lincoln
<andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>I played it with Brodsworth Colliery Band,

>Andrew Lincoln.
>BBb Bass Yorkshire Cooperatives Band
Ee bah gum, now there's a blast from the past. I started my playing with
a band just down the road from Brodsworth which went by the grand title
of 'Bentley Colliery Silver Prize Band' although while I was with the
band we didn't see any silver prizes. This was back in the early Fifties
when the Belle Vue contests were still running. If I remember correctly
Brodsworth were a Championship Section band in those days and were our
local idols.
And I am still having to play pieces that I remember playing in the
fifties, although on a different instrument.
--
Maurice Wright
Eb Bass @ asst. M.D. Haslemere Town.