Brass Band Essentials (was Brass Band Groan List)

In a message dated 10/21/99 1:38:22 AM, libbysandford@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<>Below is a list of pieces which we have all played at one time or another,
>but you groan at if played at a rehearsal or concert! (No offence intended
>to anyone who actually likes these pieces!)

Many of the pieces that have appeared on the Brass Band Groan List in this
thread have earned their dubious honor simply because they have been played
and played many times over the years by the BB veterans on this list.
(Familiarity breeds contempt?)

OTOH, what pieces would be considered absolute essentials (possibly some of
the pieces on the Groan List) for NEWLY ESTABLISHED brass bands to play and
become exposed to?

Kindest regards,
< Steve Marcus (http://members.delphi.com/stevemarcus/index.html)
> BBb Bass, Prairie Brass Band (www.prairiebrass.org)
> Director of Sales, THE BEAUTIFUL SOUND, INC.  (630) 325-9999  (Steinway
Piano