RE: Chicago area bands

HI, Donna!

There are currently two brass bands in the Chicago area:  the first (and my
favorite ;-) ) is the Illinois Brass Band.  We rehearse at 7:15 pm  on
Thursday nights at Stevenson High School near Lincolnshire, IL, a northwest
suburb of Chicago (near the intersection of routes 21 and 22).  I don't
think that there would be a problem with your coming and observing.  You
might even be able to sit in, but we'll have to deal with that one closer to
the date.

The other band is the Prairie Brass Band.  They rehearse in Schaumburg, IL,
a suburb somewhat south and to the west of us in the IBB.  I don't know the
details of their rehearsals and policy, but Roger Menning is a member of
Prairie and this list, and probably will have responded to you even before I
have.

Hope this helps!1

Guy Clark
Illinois Brass Band