Tuba Feature?

Hello list,

A while ago I asked for some advice on some band arrangements or
compositions which feature the Tuba section. As I have heard nothing so far
( my mail may have been playing up ) I thought I would ask again.

My band has been playing "Light As Air" which has a short tuba melody of "A
Whiter Shade Of Pale" near the end. This has impressed the tuba section no
end.

My next problem is to prevent them from playing the tune in every piece.

Does the list know of some arrangements or compositions which feature the
tuba section in some lovely melodies. We have 3 Eb and 3 Bb tubas and I
would like to involve them all. They are not quite up to concerto standard
yet - my opinion, don't ask them  ;-)

Thanks.

Kees Dogger - Bairnsdale Citizens Band
dogger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx