New to The List

Hi! Brass Band Lovers

We are new to the scene and would like to introduce ourselves. My name
is Dave and I play Euphonium and have  done for forty years. I joined
the British Forces at the age of fifteen and spent fifteen years there.
I have played in many brass bands in the last ninteen years always
sitting on the Solo chair. We made a CD in July 99 with the Guernsey
Concert Band  through Doyen with Nick and Alison Childs(Worth buying)now
personal friends of ours, if you want a copy please contact me.I have
recently changed to a Courtois Euph.(Brilliant) and am  Channel Island
Agent for Courtois through Fred Rhodes Ltd. They are bringing a new Sop.
Cornet out in the new year which apparently is on a par with the schilke
and only a fraction of the price.(WOW!)

Zo=EB(my partner) plays Tenor Horn and has been playing 1st horn with
the band for two years. We have know moved to Jersey(Channel Islands UK)
and are not attached to a band at the moment so are open to offers we
miss it like crazy. We have started a Quartet recently called
"FORTISSIMO" but find it hard  to obtain music. I arrange pieces on
Sibelius but if anyone else has arrangements please let me know. I have
arranged Gaudette, Maple leaf Rag and Black and White Rag perhaps we
could exchange or purchase through this fantastic organisation. Regards
to all my friends in Fodens(Courtois) and congratulations on the
Nationals win, also to everyone else that I have lost touch with over
the years.

Hope to hear from one and all.

Good banding to all & Best wishes

Dave Mildren & Zo=EB Russell