Re:Suggestions for expanding the brass band.

"HARRIS, Colin" said
 >"The main downside is that 2 more players would be required and trained,
>instruments purchased, and those players would be redundant in pieces with
>'traditional' brass band scoring. "

Most Sop players will play a Bb when required as indeed I did when Mr Irwin
came for a blow the other day.
I think one of the Bb cornet players would enjoy playing a piccolo, I do,
but only at home or the odd wedding. ( I don't do Orchestras ). It would
probably blend better if played with a cornet mouthpiece but that may defeat
the object of doing it.
Maybe someone on the list could write the first of these new brass band
pieces!!

Rgds, Gerry
  Sop Denham Hendon