Re: Brass Band Groan List.

Has anyone heard of the famous "Dawn of Spring" ?   There was a village band
I once knew who only played this piece...at rehearsals,contests....and even
garden fetes !    Don,t buy it.
The worst use of music I have ever heard was at a Civic Sunday Mayor,s
Parade  many years' ago when all the town councillors headed by the Mayor in
his robes, chain of office, and mace bearer started off on this very serious
(to them) occasion.   As they marched off to the parish church the bass
drummer gave the signal and the band struck up with "LILY THE PINK" which
they repeated all along the route.  I shall never forget the angry
expressions on the faces of the civic dignitaries .   I was too overcome
with tears to take a photo.  Was this the first time Lily turned out on
parade ?    Cheers.  David.