RE: Brassband of the Century election

Hello Johan,

Sorry if I gave you the impression that I asked everyone to elect us. It
would be nice, but you are right, this was meant to be a fair election. IMHO
I do believe that our Fries' collegues probably have done the same though,
asking everyone they knew to elect them, whether they'd know about
brassbands or not. Since we were mentioned as a candidate for this title we
(i.e. our band) had the feeling we might have to do something to give our
band a bit of promotion. Guess everybody would do the same (if you believe
in your band that is!).

About your remark to our band having a long way to go before being able to
compete with The Wldsang, Soli and the Bazuin, guess you've been out of
touch with the brassbandscene for a while. At the last Survento festival
we've beaten them all...... and it was even a convincing win for us (4,5
points plus)!!!! At the championships last year we were 3rd, which is (I
think) not bad for our first appearance in this section......

So please, in the future before attacking any band (which I felt a bit by
your e-mail) do your homework and find out on what level a band actually IS
at this moment!!! We've been working very hard for this and about
practicing, any band has to do a lot of that to maintain their level!

Regards,

Ineke
BrassBand Schoonhoven