Tuba mp3 files.

To repay my debt to this mailing list, I have uploaded a few MP3 files of me
delving into the depths of my Eb tuba and G trombone as follows:

http://www.backworth.org.uk/tuba%20eb%20scale.mp3 (352 KB)is a 4 octave
scale starting on Eb above the bass clef or top C in treble clef and going
down to the lowest Eb (or double pedal C), 4th lower than the bottom A on a
piano. Please note that this Eb (or C) is not a true note - acoustically the
lowest note on the instrument is the E or (C#) a semitone above (fundamental
pitch - all vales engaged).

http://www.backworth.org.uk/tuba%20eb%20lower.mp3 (558 KB)is a chromatic
scale of Eb (or C)starting on Eb one ledger line below the bass clef stave,
or bottom C in treble clef, for 2 octaves, and a 2 octave scale of Eb (or C)
in the same register.

http://www.backworth.org.uk/tuba%20sing%20and%20play.mp3 (236
KB)demonstrates the possibilities of simultaneous singing and playing on a
tuba.  Notice due to me being a  singer, that the last note, a unison Eb
(or C) has "beats" until it settles.  This is due to me being out of tune
for a bit!

and

http://www.backworth.org.uk/g%20trom%20scale%20and%20pedals.mp3 (246 KB) is
a quick blart on the band's G trombone.  It is a little out of tune, due to
the fact I have not quite found the positions yet on the beast, but its
narrow bore makes the end product sound very treblely and a little coarse
when compared with modern bass trombone sounds.  Having said that, it blows
a lot easier than a large bore Bb/F, again probably due to the bore size.

If anyone has any suggestions for more files (and before you say it, neither
instrument will fit) or comments, I will add them next time I am playing
with my tape recorder.

Colin Harris
Eb Bass
Backworth Colliery Band
http://www.backworth.org.uk
See "A Day in the Life of Backworth Colliery Band" at
http://www.backworth.org.uk/life.htm