Re: Harrow

I just had to answer this one ..... if only because my band got a prize ....
2 prizes in fact!

We came third in the Championship section, playing Prisms and our Principal
cornet player, David Thomas, was also awarded the "Best cornet player out of
the 1st and Championship Sections" award.  What makes it even better is that
we drew number 1, so had the whole afternoon to enjoy the 'spirit' of the
day too!!

I'm afraid my knowledge of the results is limited to the Championship
section only:

1.    First City Brass (Paganini Variations)
2.    Thornbury (Paganini Variations)
3.    Clacton-On-Sea Co-Operative Band (Prisms)

Adjudicator: David Hirst

I think there were 4 or 5 bands that played Paganini Variations ... out of a
total of 8, so it looks like the piece still remains a favourite!

Congratulations to everyone above us in the results, and consolations to
everyone below us.  But more importantly, thanks to the London & Home
Counties for putting on the contest in the first place - it's totally
unsponsored, and relies on the enthusiasm of  L&HC members to keep it
going - well done!

It was a shame there were quite a few last minute withdrawals, as there were
very good initial line ups in the sections affected.  Maybe a change in the
rules to allow the odd borrowed player would be a good move, as I believe
missing players was the main reason behind the withdrawals.  If the initial
entries had all performed, the contest would have been an even better day
for all involved ..... or maybe not - we may not have got a prize then!!!!!

CLAIR TOMALIN
Clacton-On-Sea Co-Operative Band (mainly)
Wussbrass 2000 (Annually .... yes it's still happening!!! Visit the website
at www.justselect.co.uk/wussbrass2000 for more information)
A N Other Band (whenever anyone needs a dep on flugel!!)

Email: c.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or clair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx