RE: Stolen Instruments

I had a Bb Tuba pinched from the back seat of my Ford Escort one night a
long  time ago when I left it in there instead of moving it the 23 feet to
the house.
Argh....thought I, my band will kill me for this. ( not my instrument, not
insured, not a very clever thing to do )
I called in to the local police station ( Footscray ) the next morning after
the panic had dissipated and discovered a beautiful looking Bb tuba sitting
on the desk.
"Oh you found it" I said.
"Hang on a minute", said the burley cop with no neck, "How do I know it's
yours, then?"
Inspiration....."I'll play it for you" said I. After a considerable number
of tunes, including 27 versus of "Pop Goes The Weasel" ( he liked that one )
he announced that he was satisfied that it was mine. It was then that he
told me that "Oh gee, you get a better sound out of it than the rest of the
night shift. We've been trying to play the thing all night !"
It seems it was far too heavy for the crim to carry very far. It was found
about 12 feet from my car in the middle of the street. I was very lucky too
as there was another one ( an Eb )in the boot which they knew nothing about.

Kees & Michelle Dogger
dogger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dogger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>