Re: Help with a Constitution (Trustees section)

>Hello there - I play in a wind band as well as a brass band, and the
>trustees in the wind band are charged with disposing of any assets left to
>charity. I think it is left to their discretion, so they can give
>instruments to other bands etc. I hope this helps!

The constitution of an incorporated (or unincorporated for that matter)
association would usually provide that the assets of the association will be
divided equally amongst financial members on the date of winding up.  I
suspect that for the purposes of public funded grants you would need to
amend a generic constitution to the effect that certain assets (e.g. the
stuff purchased with public funds) will be legally or equitably assigned to
other associations with similar purposes which are still in existence.  But
if you are currently active as an unincorporated association you should be
aware that there will not be an automatic transfer of assets from the
trustees of the unincorporated association to the incorporated association.
I would be careful about just adopting the constitution of another band.

Volume.