RE: Is "blowing" good for you ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Collins [mailto:gsx_geoff@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 11 November 1999 09:35
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Is "blowing" good for you ?

I remember when I started playing about 20 years ago the improvements for
asthma suffers was known and it certainly improved my Asthma. Unfortunately
you can have too much of a good thing and health insurance can be more
expensive for woodwind and brass players due to the possibility of
developing emphysema. Also the effects on a persons sanity could be
questioned e.g playing outside during the winter.

I am a bit surprised no one has mentioned the Watchdog TV programme last
week. Is everyone going to send their Boosey instruments back for replating?

What was it about?  I just caught a glimpse on my way out... to band
practice... to play on my B&H cornet!

Regards
Geoff Collins
BB Bass