Re: 2001 TOUR suggestions etc...

Dear Simon,

Last August I organised a tour to Germany - Rhineland / Mosel regions
for very much the same reasons as you. It was a great success and so
in 2001 we shall be going to Salzburg.

We did our organisation via Club Europe (http://www.club-europe.co.uk).
I can thoroughly recommend their service - it's completely excellent
and I can't fault it at all! Tell them that I recommended you (I may
get a discount on my next tour!!!) If you need any further information then
please contact me and I shall be glad to help.

As for fund raising, we paid for the majority of the cost out of our
own pockets. We had a small amount of sponsorship from local businesses -
I just wrote to likely sources on spec, and had moderate success.
I also believe that the Foundation for Sports and Arts (or some such
similar title) offer grants for tours - there was talk about this on
the list fairly recently, but when I asked about the application
procedure I didn't get any reply!!!

Hope you have a successful tour - if I can offer any more help then
feel free to email me!!!
Best wishes
Dave

> Dear all
>
>	    We are embarking on setting up a tour for our Band in 2001 (and
> fund-raising in the hope of paying for every playing member, which is why we
> are starting to organise now).
>	    Could anybody on the list come up with any suggestions or
> recommendations as where to go, with which travel organisation and the best
> fund-raising methods bearing in mind that we will also be taking young
> children with us (players and members offspring).
>
>	    We have been to Belgium twice in the past but we would like to try
> somewhere different - it will hopefully be seen as a step in the right
> direction to further enhance the morale of the Band which has had a
> rollercoaster time in the past few years. While there is a feeling of
> optimism again I think there is nothing better that to focus on something
> good to look forward to.
>
>	     If you want to contact me privately that is fine but there may be
> others on the list that may benefit from any relevant information.
>
> All the best
> Simon Harrison
> Contest Sec. (and 1st Baritone splurter)
> Kirkby Lonsdale Brass Band
>

> --

David Roberts
Musical Director, Pangbourne and District Silver Band
http://maxpages.com/droberts/Pangbourne_and_District_Silver
"Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder"