Re: Twilight Zone

I recall seeing the National Band of NZ (in the 60's and 70's) with the
second and third cornets in front of the troms and the eups/baris behind the
horns, but I suspect that was more to do with the sheer size of the bands.
They were about 75 strong.  Thats a heap of cornets to put on the same side.

I once played with the Malvern band (Melbourne) years ago at a contest where
the solo cornets and soprano sat in the middle facing straight out and the
horns/euphs/baris sat on the MD's left in two rows.  Very different
(remember that Wayne?).

Roy
Dandenong Band.