Re: Youth bands

Hi everyone

> There are plenty of directories of brass bands on the net but, as far as
> I know, none which deals specifically with youth bands.  I think this
> would be particularly useful  when looking for exchanges/joint ventures
> and the like.  In addition, I hope it will encourage young players
> looking for a band to come forward and preserve the future of banding.
> I'm wanting to build a list of youth bands on our site, with contacts &
> internet links if possible.

When I was working at the National Brass Band Centre I started to put
together a database of known youth bands.  IIRC there were c. 200
entries when I left in the summer.  You might try phoning them (01422
250323) if you want to find out what it's up to now...

Pete
--
Pete Denton - accessing the net with SuSE Linux since 13/07/99