Re: Twilight Zone

Cornets loose the edge of their sound when they're blowing into the
backs of others. Therefore it makes some sense to sit them in a front
row. The Wellington Citadel SA Band which I played in 20+ years ago used
a seating arrangement as follows:

Sop + Solo Cors on left; Rep + 2nd/3rd Cors + Flugel on right with troms
behind; three rows in center - Horns, Euph/Bars, Basses.
Note: Solo Hn sat at right end of row next to Flugel.

Worked well for us. Have a listen to some of the old recordings. Mind
you we were a big band:

Sop
6 Solo C
Rep
2 2nd C
2 3rd C
Flugel
6 Horns
2 Euphos
4 Bars
5 Troms
6 Basses
Percussion

Still only needed one conductor though!!!!!!

Graham
Euphonium
WTHB NZ