Re: 2001 Tour Suggestions

Simon Harrison (Simmshouse@xxxxxxx) wrote:

<<We are embarking on setting up a tour for our Band in 2001 (and
fund-raising in the hope of paying for every playing member, which is why we
are starting to organise now).

<<Could anybody on the list come up with any suggestions or
recommendations as where to go, with which travel organisation and the best
fund-raising methods bearing in mind that we will also be taking young
children with us (players and members offspring).>>

Simon, contact Gayle Heatherington of Music Celebrations International
(mcitours@xxxxxxx).  MCI is a company that specializes in tours for
performing organizations.  They'll set up performance opportunites, venues,
audiences, etc., plus design sightseeing that the band members and their
families will enjoy.

I feel a special "kinship" to help you out:  Yesterday, Prairie Brass Band
performed Goff Richards' "Kirkby Lonsdale" in our combined concert with the
Chicago Brass Choir.
Nice, spirited march!
Kindest regards,
< Steve Marcus (http://members.delphi.com/stevemarcus/index.html)
> BBb Bass, Prairie Brass Band (www.prairiebrass.org)
> Director of Sales, THE BEAUTIFUL SOUND, INC.  (630) 325-9999  (Steinway
Piano
>     Dealer)
> http://www.qrsmusic.com/mrktng/dealers/Beautsound/BeautSound.htm

P.S.  The Chicago Tribune published an article about our band last Thursday.
It can be seen at
http://chicagotribune.com/news/metro/northwest/article/0,2669,SAV-9911110243,F
F.html.