Brett Baker & Kew Band

I want to record the fact that Brett Baker (trombone) played
a very successful concert on Sunday 14 November with Kew
Band (Melbourne Australia) - his only Australian concert.
Brett was in fine fettle and played flawlessly and also oh
so musically.  Not bad for having virtually just stepped off
the plane.  He played Hailstorm (yes the old cornet solo),
Stardust, Annie Laurie, Ballad for trombone (Eric Banks),
Pink Panther, a Lusher classic (the name of which escapes me
- you can tell I'm a cornet player), a trombone section
feature (Blades of Toledo) and a couple of others - about 7
or 8 numbers in all.  Every one was played securely but also
expressively.  Can't speak highly enough of him.

The crowd was not large but they were enthusiastic.  The
concert was long (8.00pm to 11.15pm!) but jammed packed and
seemingly entertaining.

I highly recommend him.  Also, a very nice fellow.  He had
his brand new wife on tour with him - Sarah.  A sort of
extended honeymoon.

>From here they move to New Zealand for a few concerts with
about 4 different bands.  I wish him well.  New Zealand
enjoy!

Glenn McGowan
Principal cornet
Kew Band.