Re: Twilight Zone

With regard to different seating arrangement for a band...I am still puzzled
after going to a Black Dyke concert last year, when at the start the band
filed onto the stage and set themselves into a strange seating arrangment
with the basses in front and then played their opening number.   What was
the purpose of this as they then re-arranged themselves into the usual
positions. ?  After some amazing playing the concert seemed to fizzle out at
the end and some of the audience did,nt even know they had finished as they
filed off stage.   Which begs another question;  why don,t bands play the
national anthem at the end of a concert anymore ?   At least we would know
it was time to go home .    Or did someone hear about the clanger two or
three years ago when a famous band finished their concert with The Pines of
Rome...then half the band started playing the English national anthem and
the other half the Welsh....at the same time ?   And the m.d. had to say
"sorry about that" to the audience.  Are brass bands now becoming
republicans ?   As I have'nt been to the "pictures" for many years (Charge
of the LIght Brigade) I don't know if this is now the norm.  Regards from a
baffled David.