Besson instruments

Just to follow on from the Watchdog feature.

Our band purchased 2 new euphoniums in May 1998, by September 98, the silver
had peeled off one and the black patches appeared on the other. Despite
promises from supplier and Booseys it took till April 99 to resolve it.
They take it away to "inspect" it, wait a few months, fobbed off, fobbed off
again......waiting for a replacement to come in etc.....sound familiar?

Our band has always bought Booseys - no more! there are plenty of
Yamahas,cortouis getzens, kings, shilkie in the sea.

I have heard it alleged by one instrument manufacturer that they supply
bands/schools  with 10 cornets on the Monday and came back on the Wednesday
to collect 8 because the water keys had fallen off. They also allege that
the MD at Booseys has left his post and a director from Europe has come in
to sort the mess out. Sounds like someone cannot cope with all the lottery
business.

Yes Watchdog can give companies a rough time- in these circumstances they
are right.

We had a poor service from supplier and manufacturer - vote with your wallet

Simon