Re: One Moment in Time

> Several weeks ago I heard a recording of One Moment in Time played by
> Grimethorpe.  The arrangement was V.Good and I wanted to play it with my
> band.  Unfortunately the back of the C.D only shows
>
> Hammond / Bettis As the composer (no arranger)
>
> Was this done by them just for Grimethorpe or was it the Allan Fernie
> Arrangement (i discount the Bernearts arrangement because the one on the
> CD has an absolutely outstanding Sop part at the end as the most
> distinguishing feature).  I have heard that there are some very poor
> arrangements of this piece about and dont want to end up with one!

I assume you mean 'Grimethorpe plays world hits' where just under 'Hammond /
Bettis' it says 'All titles arranged by Frank Bernaerts etc'! It does have
an decent sop part at the end - perhaps the sop player in your band is not
quite so outstanding as Grimey's! Hope you're not talking about Craig :-)

Dave