Re: Trombone

I once saw a really battered one that the dealer told me had been used by
their suppliers ie not Conn, to model a new trombone range. The guide price
was 2-3K.   A friend also told me some one once offered a 1000 for the
slide of one of those things.  I understand from a different source that the
attractiveness of these things is in the thickness of the metal and the
quality of finish.

I'm using a Conn 8H with a laquer finish that is about 8 years old that I
think is great other than the top G sometimes blows sharp.  Thats my excuse
Steve (our new conductor), if you're reading. Any other 8H users out there?

Richard
Reddish and Gorton Band