Re: Early trumpets.

Bill

Many natural trumpets have (usually three or four) small holes used
mainly to correct intonation.  On some instruments I've played F
sharp at the top of the stave isn't possible without using holes.

I'm assured that this is quite authentic and that holes can be found
on several surviving original instruments.

David