Link for Percussionists

A liitle message that could be of interest to fellow percussionists out
there, or 'drummers', as alot of us are known! Yeuch!
I have been pricing up some new timp. beaters, and thought I would look on
the web to see what is what. To say I got a suprise is a huge
understatement! I got myself three pairs of dogs do-dars beaters, including
postage( air mail) four days door to door, for 24 each, saving at least 16
each pair! Loads of post contest beer tokens left over
Has any body done a similar thing themselves with a brass instrument, is it
feasible, and what savings have been made.
Could the possible problem that is getting alot of posting at the moment ie
quality of new instruments, laquering etc be due to the fact that the
manufacturers are pushing instruments out as quick as possible and quality
is suffering, and bands aren't complaining enough because in alot of cases
it is not 'their' money that has bought these new sets of instruments, but
lottery money!
There has been alot of pockets lined with the generosity of the lottery
grants, and big profits made I would guess.
Back to the top:- perc. players, visit www.lonestarpercussion.com, the
service and choice is class, christmas has come early for me!
COLIN