How long is your instrument?

Hi

It doesn't really matter how long the instrument tubing is, as long as you get people to
pay to make a complete guess.  Works for the national lottery, so who we trying to kid
being accurate?

Anyway, its a great idea for a church fund raiser! We're going to try it here, since were
in the process of generating cash for a grand piano for the sanctuary.

I was thinking about how you could limit the inevitable hassle over the 'correct'
measurement of an instrument.

So we'll either run a string through the instrument & measure that, or tape a length of
string along the pipes, probably just the ones visible from the front, since you don't
want people picking the instrument up, when they make their guess. Advertise it as "Guess
the length of the tuba. (as referenced by a length of string)."

Just a thought.

John F.
BBb
Dayspring Brass Ensemble