Re: John Drover

In article <000701bf393e$3a47c1c0$dacb2cc3@chrisbro>,
   Chris Broscomb <Brosky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To all up there over the border
> Is anyone in touch with Adrian Drover?
> His Dad, John, an ex St Keverne player joined  in with the Youth Band at the
> Xmas Bazaar on Friday Night. Please tell Adrian that it was quite an
> emotional occasion for many of the villagers BUT can anyone arrange for a
> 'make-over'? An 88 year old soloist might be noticed!
> It was very special to meet a real bander.

John is an amazing guy is he not!!!  I first met up with him earlier this
year - I was lucky enough to also meet Adrian and Martin and Kenton - three
generations of the Drover family :))

I am playing in a concert next week with John over with Constantine Silver
Band at Redruth British Legion (8 Dec).

What John doesn't know about banding isn't worth knowing - I know he still
practises about and hour a day and carries his old cornet around in an old
black holdall.  It shows that blowing can't be bad for you!!!

Cheers

Heidi