Re: Bass cleff v Treble clef

Wendy Spencer wrote:

> [...]

OK,I didn't know the subject was fraught with danger and opened a "real can of
worms" when I asked the original question.
I have read the answers and I think this brass band page is probably the most
educational site I have ever found.
Thank you to everybody who added their 2 cents.
However, I must say I was somewhat chastened to read that OLD trombone music was
written in the tenor clef. The problem is: I don't recall any brass band
trombone music that was not written in the tenor clef ...................... I
guess that makes me real old (67)!
I was also interested by the comment that timpani parts are written in the bass
clef but I will resist asking what clef is bass drum music written in. And will
certainly not ask as to it's predominant key!
Thanks again for all of the input but before I go, could anyone please tell me
is the Dunchurch Band (near Rugby) is still going?
It was the last band I played with (BBb Bass), we played in Coventry Cathedral
in the summer of 1953 or was it 52?
I'm terribly old!
BillW