Re: Bass cleff v Treble clef

Larry White wrote:

>To comment further on Keith's remarks, I believe that the SA in the USA has
gone
>to publishing certain series of music, i.e. the American Journal and some
other
>'ground' level music in both treble and bass clefs....

The American Band Journal (published by the S.A. in New York) includes
alternate Bass Clef parts for 1st & 2nd Trombones, Baritones, Euphoniums and
Basses (Tubas), in addition to F Horn parts as alternatives to Eb Horn parts
and a "melody" part in C transposed from the first cornet part.  This makes
the music accessible to wind bands and orchestras, in addition to the
mainstream brass band market that the journal is originally scored for.  The
American Instrumental Ensemble Series (published by the S.A. in Atlanta)
includes comparable alternative parts for wind bands/orchestras.

Tom S.
NYSB