RE: Brassband of the Century election

Hello John,

Sorry I've not responded sooner, since our nationals are next Saturday guess
you understand all I've been doing is rehearsing and practicing, and working
inbetween...... It's a dog's life.... or perhaps a brassbanders life (which
is, I believe, not much different sometimes).
I've been at a concert of the Nationale Brass Band when they had Harry
Mortimer over! Think that must be about 18 years ago..... Still remember!
Guess you might have been playing then! You are right, that was (in that
time) one of the best or maybe even the best band uphere! But times have
changed, the band no longer excists and others have grown since. I don't
think there could be anything like a band of the century in Holland, since
there's no brassband that excists that long..... most of them started out as
Fanfare bands or Woodwindbands and changed to brassband in the 70'ties or
80'ties. But since somebody thought it would be fun to have such a contest,
well, what the hack, might try to win it then, eh? IMHO we might as well as
any other.....
So how did you became a member of the Nationale Brass Band?

All the best,

Ineke