MESSAGE FOR COLIN THOMAS

COLIN THOMAS WROTE:

> Can any one help with a copy of the score for' Music From Kantara' by =3D
> ken Downie.
> I lent mine out and can't remember who has it and I need acopy for a =3D
> concert in February.
> Please let me know  direct  I will pay copying and postage.=3D20
> Thanks.

Martin Horsfield,  Kirklees Music writes:

Dear Colin Thomas,

Yes I can help you. How about buying a score from a shop who stock BB mus
ic
or  go direct to the publishers of "Music from Kantara"??
People like yourselves should be ashamed of yourself openly breaking the
law
in this way and so openly offering copying costs and postage.
What do you think we as music publishers would do if people like you
photocopy
music all the time when you need a set of music or score as in your case.
The answer is simple - you and your bands would have nothing to play.
Are Brass Band Music publishers earning so much money that we can afford
for
this kind of practice to be done - I don't think so.

If I were Egon Publishers Ltd  (who publish the above mentioned piece) I
would be reaching for my telephone book looking under S for Solicitor.

People out there BE WARNED - Music Publishers are on the look out all the
time for law breakers in the photocopying of music. Think of this - It is
the same principle as photocopying a =A310 note and getting away with it!
!!
You wouldn't do that - would you?????
Photocopiers of music BE WARNED. WE ARE WATCHING

Martin D Horsfield
Kirklees Music, Brighouse.