RE: Black oxide stuff

	I tried this once. It cleaned the silver fine, but the bare brass
parts (and
	presumably all the inside) turned black with a thick layer of oxide
stuff.
	You are warned!

	Andy Callard

That's interesting, possibly a reaction to the copper in the brass. It
didn't do that with mine, but then with the amount of gunge on the inside
perhaps it didn't get exposed to the bare metal!  The reaction actually
works by reducing the silver oxide (tarnish?) and giving off oxygen (or
sulphur and oxygen if you are in Rotorua!).  What happens on brass is
probably dependant on the makeup of the brass.  I suggest doing test spots
first!

  Aileen Lawrie
  Soprano WestpacTrust Rotorua
  NEW ZEALAND
  Mail to: Aileen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Aileen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  http://www.boprc.govt.nz <http://www.boprc.govt.nz>

This e-mail has been checked for viruses and no viruses were detected.