RE: Contact Details for MCPS

Steven,

MCPS is part of the Performing Rights Society who have a web site at
www.prs.co.uk

If anyone has any sound clips on their sites from CD's etc it may be
worthwhile taking as quick peep on here. Whitburn approached a famous
composer to ask if we could put a clip of a performance of one of his pieces
on our web site. The composer agreed, his publishers agreed on the condition
we got permission from MCPS. When we approached MCPS the fee to broadcast a
30 second clip was 12.50 per quarter for an MCPS licence and a further
12.50 per quarter for a PRS licence.

Needless to say we will not be putting music on our site in view of these
costs. Of course, we could just plough ahead and put it on regardless of the
licence just like people can photocopy music for free but at some stage
someone is going to get fined. You have all been warned!!!

Richard Dyson
Web Master Whitburn Band
e-mail:     webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
website:   http://www.whitburnband.freeserve.co.uk