Re: RAH 1999 Nationals

On Sun, 17 Oct 1999 at 09:23:09 +0100, Keith Rowland wrote:

Groan. One day the list will get these right... until then, *please*
don't enable HTML when you're writing to the list. The list processor
mangles this sort of mail, making the HTML bit useless.

> The most perplexing was the band that played with the Basses sitting
> where you would normally find the back-row cornets, the troms where the
> basses go and the cornets in a line facing the audience etc

That puts most of the horizontal-bell instruments facing the audience,
which will most certainly change the whole character of the band.

This is how an orchestral brass section is arranged, but the brass band
arrangement appears to me to be deliberately arranged so that no bell
faces the audience, the better to blend presumably. I suppose you could use
trumpets instead of cornets to complete the change :-)

Ian